An eCommerce website is the backbone of online business. It can help you increase your sales, customer base, and leads for a better return on investment (ROI). Here are some features that may be included in eCommerce website development:
Good UI/UX Design
UI/UX design is the process of creating a user interface (the part of your website that users interact with) and user experience (the overall experience for users).
UI/UX design is important because it allows you to attract more customers and increase conversion rates. Good UI/UX design helps people understand what they can do on your site, how they can use it, and why the information or features are useful.
Mobile optimization is an important part of eCommerce website development, and it's one of the top things to consider when designing a website for your business. A well-optimized mobile site will ensure that users can access information from anywhere, whether on their desktops or smartphones.
While there are many factors to consider when it comes to optimizing your online presence for mobile users,– for example, responsive design– here's what makes up that basic definition:
• Mobile devices have smaller screens than traditional computers/laptops. This means websites must be designed so that all content elements are readable on these small screens without sacrificing any functionality or layout logic (i.e., how do we make sure text doesn't disappear because there isn't enough space?).
• Mobile devices use different kinds of browsers than desktop computers, and those browsers may not support certain features like video, so additional coding is needed to accommodate these differences while providing an optimal experience for all visitors regardless of device type or location.
When it comes to eCommerce website development, navigation is one of the most important features. This is because navigation is how you move between pages and products on your website. Easy navigation helps ensure that users don't get lost on your site and are able to easily find what they are looking for.
Several components go into making navigation effective on an eCommerce platform:
• Navigation should be easy and intuitive
• Navigation should be consistent across all pages (i.e., don't have different menus for each page)
• Navigation should be visible on all devices (desktop computers, laptops/tabs, tablets)
• This flow must work well with touchscreens so consumers don't have any problems finding things
Rich User Experience
The rich user experience is about providing the user with a great experience. It is about making the user want to come back again and again. The following features should be included in every eCommerce website:
Featured Products: Add images of products that have been added recently as well as those that are popular among customers. This will help you attract more potential buyers from different locations who may not have seen these products before.
Category Pages: Create separate pages for each category so users can easily find what they're looking for when browsing. For example, if there are 10 types of shoes available at one store for different audiences, then create 10 categories under "Shoes" like "Women's Shoes," "Men's Shoes", and so on.
Voice search is a great way to increase sales, engagement, and accessibility. It is a quick way to get people talking about your brand on social media, which can lead them toward your store or website.
Voice search is also an excellent way for you as an eCommerce store owner to learn more about what your customers are looking for when they shop online. By using voice recognition software such as Alexa or Siri, consumers can ask questions like “Show me shoes that are under $50” and have the answers appear right on their screen!
Quick Loading Time
One of the most important factors in eCommerce website development is loading time. It is no secret that customers are increasingly impatient and want their products delivered as soon as possible.
A slow-loading website will cause several problems:
• You don’t get enough impressions on your site, which means you can't make sales online or offline.
• Your conversion rates will be lower because people won't feel comfortable purchasing from you if they have to wait too long between making a decision and seeing what they are buying.
• Your brand reputation may suffer if people think that your business is too slow to deliver orders on time.
Credit Card Security
Credit card security is a major concern for eCommerce websites. You should make sure that your server and payment gateway is secure.
• Do not store credit card information on your website. If someone were to hack into your site and steal data from visitors' browsers, they could use that information to commit fraud against them.
• Use a reliable payment gateway. There are many different options out there, and it can be difficult to choose one that works best for your business model and needs. For example, Shopify users have access to Stripe as an option for accepting payments. However, if you're looking for something more comprehensive like PayPal or Braintree, then Square might be better suited since both companies offer additional features at no extra cost. Because these companies are based out of New York City, that also means lower fees overall!
Product Filters and Sorting Options
Product filters and sorting options are great for helping customers find what they want. They can be used to help customers find products that are in stock or on sale. They can also be used to help customers find the best price for a product by showing them all of the different options available at different prices.
Choose Reliable Payment Gateways
Payment gateways are the most important part of your eCommerce website. A good payment gateway will help ensure that customers are able to make payments safely and securely, while also providing them with the best user experience when making a purchase.
The first thing to consider when choosing a payment gateway is whether or not it is reliable and secure. This can be accomplished by checking how well-known the company is in relation to other similar companies on Google or other search engines as well as looking at reviews left by customers who have used this service before. You should also look at PCI compliance (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) requirements if possible because many banks require this compliance for their business partners who handle credit card transactions via websites. However, this isn't always a requirement since some companies may be exempt from having certain types of data stored locally within their own network(s).
Other Payment Options (PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay)
Other payment options are also a great way to increase your eCommerce site's conversion rate. These include the likes of Apple Pay and Google Pay, as well as PayPal.
Apple Pay is one of the most popular payment gateways available on mobile devices today, with over 50% of smartphone users actively using it every month. It is secure and easy to use—and best of all, it integrates seamlessly with iOS7 apps, such as Safari or Mail. If you have an iPhone 6S or later with Touch ID enabled, then you can even pay for items from Safari without touching your device at all!
Google Pay offers a similar experience across Android devices. However, there are some differences between its offerings compared to Apple Pay. While both services allow users who have activated their accounts access to certain features and benefits– like quickly sending money via the email address associated with a credit card stored within the app– neither service allows users to make purchases directly through web pages hosted on a website powered by third-party vendors.
These are the top 10 features to include in your eCommerce website development. If you want your website to be more user-friendly and avoid any possible issues with payments, these are the things that you should keep in mind. The good thing is that all of these can be done using a single platform such as Shopify or WooCommerce. Now that you know what you need from an eCommerce website developer, go ahead and find one who can provide exactly what you require! We recommend Zorbis for your eCommerce website development needs.