Chances are that you have opened at least one mobile application today. The reality is that that number is much higher for most people. According to Buildfire, the average person uses 9 mobile apps each day, and app intelligence firm data.ai found that consumers worldwide spend between four and five hours per day on mobile apps. These trends highlight the prevalence of mobile apps in the daily lives of consumers and point to a need for businesses to invest in mobile app development to stay relevant and compete in a growing digital marketplace.
Benefits of Mobile Apps for Businesses
There are many benefits to developing a mobile application for businesses of all industries. Some of those benefits include the following:
1. Brand Awareness: Developing a mobile app can help businesses become more visible to consumers and improve brand recognition.
2. Customer Engagement: Mobile apps can provide valuable opportunities for a business to engage with consumers by providing a convenient and interactive way for customers to access information and services outside of regular business hours.
3. Customer Loyalty: Well-designed mobile apps can contribute to building customer loyalty by providing users with a positive experience that helps to shape impressions of the business as a whole. Businesses can offer exclusive content and rewards to app users to incentivize downloads and increase time spent on the app.
4. Streamline Operations: Mobile apps can help businesses improve efficiency in operations by providing access to important information and business tools.
5. Increase Revenue: Mobile apps present new avenues for businesses to generate revenue, such as through in-app purchases, subscriptions, and advertising.
Choosing Between Android and iOS
Businesses looking into mobile app development face a tough choice: Android or iOS app development. Consumers have long debated which of these two mobile operating systems is truly the best. In reality, both operating systems have their strengths and weaknesses, and personal preference is largely subjective. However, there are several considerations that businesses should make when deciding where to invest their time and money.
One consideration that businesses should make is their audience. If a business knows that its target audience is primarily made up of users of Android devices, then it might be a good idea to develop an app for Android. On the other hand, if data shows that the target audience is primarily made up of owners of Apple devices, then developing an app for iOS might make more sense. Businesses with the capital to do so could benefit from developing a hybrid app that works on both Android and iOS, but smaller businesses with fewer resources should make an informed decision based on consumer data.
As of 2022, Android is the most popular mobile operating system boasting the largest global market share. One reason for this popularity is the operating system’s open-source nature, which makes it more accessible to manufacturers and allows for a greater degree of flexibility and customization when compared to iOS. However, in the U.S., iOS is the dominant operating system and is sure to continue growing its global market share in the future.
The popularity of Apple’s mobile operating system can be attributed to several factors:
1. iOS is widely considered to have a simpler and more intuitive user interface than Android, meaning iPhones are easier to navigate even for people who are new to using smartphones.
2. iOS includes robust, built-in security features, which help to protect user devices and data from unauthorized access.
3. Apple regularly releases software updates for iOS to keep devices up to date and running smoothly. These updates may include new features and improvements to existing features.
4. iOS integrates seamlessly with other Apple products like Macs and Apple Watches. This makes it easier for users to access and manage data across multiple devices.
5. Apple's App Store is carefully curated to ensure that all of the apps available are of high quality and do not contain malicious software. This lets users download and use apps for iOS with confidence.
What to Consider When Hiring an App Developer
When looking to hire an iOS app developer, businesses should consider several factors. For example, businesses should consider the experience a developer has in building successful mobile apps. Businesses should look to hire a developer with a proven track record of delivering high-quality mobile apps on time and within budget. Developers should be able to provide examples of mobile apps they have built in the past that demonstrate their understanding of iOS technologies and development tools.
Communication and collaboration between businesses and app developers are critical to building a successful business app. Businesses should ensure that the developer they hire has effective communication skills and can work well with others. Developers sometimes take on multiple projects at once, so it is important that they are able to clearly communicate their availability for your project prior to being hired. This will ensure that your project stays on track and is completed on time.
Finally, the cost is always a consideration for businesses looking to develop mobile apps. Before committing to any partnership, businesses should define their budget and ensure that they have a clear understanding of a developer’s rates and any other associated costs. Associated costs can include fees for aspects of the development process like project management or licensing of development tools.
iPhone application development presents many benefits for businesses looking to create awareness of their brand and tap into the digital marketplace, but it can also be a challenging and complex process. Fortunately, you don’t have to go about it alone! Several companies exist that will gladly provide iOS app development services at a reasonable price to help you elevate your brand and achieve your business goals.
Zorbis is a digital marketing company that provides iOS app development services to businesses around the world. Since 2003, our team of experts has provided clients with innovative solutions that bring their visions to life. We work directly with you to design a mobile app that aligns with your business goals and is driven by return on investment. To learn more about our services, contact us today or visit our website.